Back-end Developers needed, to work on the PressPage core
Location: HQ, Amsterdam
PressPage develops the most innovative SaaS platform for Public Relations (PR). Our high-end newsroom offering is our flagship product and is being used by well-known brands like National Geographic, KLM, Audi, Porsche, Logitech, Michelin, Ahold and many more. We empower their PR by providing the tools to create and distribute content and analyze the results.
We have an open mindset and challenge ourselves to constantly change for the better. We are in the transition from startup to scale-up and are putting more structure and processes in place to get to the next level. Currently we have around 25 people working at PressPage and we are growing fast! Our HQ is based in Amsterdam and we have a satellite office in Chicago.
What are we looking for?
As a Backend Developer you will work on the rebuild of our application in a Microservice Architecture. You are capable of designing simple solutions to complex problems. While architecture and design are important, you value output and progress. You make sure that quality and coding standards are met and evolved, and coach your team members helping them raise their game and level. Together with the team you estimate and plan your sprints. Last but not least, you ensure that features are delivered to a high quality, on time and budget to the agreed requirements.
Are you interested in architectural patterns such as Microservices and do you want to help us to build and run them? Then you are who we are looking for!
The following applies to you:
- 4+ years professional work experience as a (PHP) back-end engineer
- Strong communication skills; team player
- Design is important to you, you see where you can and should apply patterns.
- A strong interest in exploring new technologies and techniques
- You see the bigger picture and are capable of explaining why we need to move toward it.
- Spoken language: Dutch or fluent English
- Test automation, unit testing is standard and automated regression testing is something you want to achieve.
- Experienced with build automation, continuous integration, and source code branching strategies
- Agile development experience or at least an open mind towards working Agile
Some other things we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Laravel/Symfony2/Silex is a plus, not a requirement.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or another Cloud platform is a plus
- Relevant study is a plus, but not a requirement!
- Knowledge of PHP is a big plus, but if you have professional work experience in another Object Oriented language as a web developer (like Java or C#), you are also more than welcome to apply!
As a Backend engineer you are part of one of our Agile SCRUM teams.
- You participate in team discussions designing the solutions delivered by your team.
- You contribute to our system architecture, functionality and back-end architecture from your knowledge and experience.
- You implement back-end components in our PHP (Laravel, Silex and future others) based, modular back-end application.
- You ensure that features work correctly and consistently across our entire DTAP street.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Good secondary benefits, including a pension plan
- 25 days of annual leave
- Annual training budget
- Career growth plan and coaching
- Learn how Agile and Software Development is meant to be done
- A new laptop, a MacBook Pro or whatever you prefer. Your device selection is your choice!
- Lunch managed by our lovely office manager
- Intense ping pong competitions
- A team of amazing people with an average age of around 30
Does this sound good? Please send your CV and a short cover letter with your motivation to Richard Davidson (Chief Technology Officer) and we will speak soon! Or if you have any questions regarding the job, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Richard Davidson (CTO), email@example.com, +31 20 2610056
Acquisition based on this vacancy will not be appreciated.