Wanted: DevOps Engineers
Location: HQ, Amsterdam
PressPage develops the most innovative SaaS platform for Public Relations (PR). Our high-end newsroom solution sets the industry standard in usability and is being used by well-known brands like KLM, Audi, Porsche, Logitech, National Geographic, Michelin, Ahold and many more. We empower their PR by providing the tools to create and distribute content and analyze the results.
PressPage is a SaaS company (Software as a Service) with an open mindset and friendly atmosphere. We have big aspirations and challenge ourselves to constantly change for the better. We are in the transition from startup to scale-up and are putting more structure and processes in place to get to the next level. Currently we have around 30 people working at PressPage, of which 10 in the IT department, and we are growing fast! Our HQ is based in Amsterdam and we have an office in Chicago.
What are we looking for?
As a DevOps engineer you are naturally interested in the latest and improved technologies to run our services. Automation is second nature and performance is key, infrastructure as code is the standard. You are eager to learn, improve your skills and help our platform evolve.
Are you interested in architectural patterns such as microservices and serverless and do you want to help us to build and run them? Then you are who we are looking for!
The following applies to you:
- 2+ years of relevant professional work experience (as DevOps, software engineer or SysOps)
- Strong communication skills; team player
- Design is important to you, you see where you can and should apply patterns
- A strong interest in exploring new technologies and techniques
- You see the bigger picture and are capable of explaining why we need to move toward it
- You speak Dutch or fluent English
- Agile development experience or at least an open mind towards working Agile
Some specific technology stacks and techniques you have experience with are:
- AWS (EC2, RDS, CloudFormation, CloudFront, S3, VPC, SQS, CloudWatch)
- CI/CD (e.g. Travis, Scrutinizer, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- REST APIs
It would be great if you already have experience with:
- Symfony/Silex PHP frameworks
- Serverless architecture
As a DevOps engineer you are part of one of our Agile SCRUM teams. This means:
- You participate in team discussions designing the solutions delivered by your team
- You contribute to our system architecture and functionality from your knowledge and experience
- You implement solutions in our AWS infrastructure
- You ensure that features work correctly and consistently across our entire DTAP street
- Monitoring and improving performance
- You work on developing and rolling out the DevOps roadmap together with your fellow DevOps engineers
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Annual training budget
- A new laptop, a MacBook Pro or whatever you prefer. Your device selection is your choice!
- Career growth plan and coaching
- Learn how Agile and Software Development is meant to be done
- Office located in Amsterdam, easily reachable by public transport
- Lunch managed by our lovely office manager
- Intense ping pong competitions
- Weekly company wide team update & drinks
- A team of amazing people with an average age of around 30
- Hackathons during office hours
Does this sound like you? Please send your CV and a short cover letter with your motivation to Richard Davidson (Chief Technology Officer) and we will speak soon! If you have any questions regarding the job, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Richard Davidson (CTO), email@example.com, +31 20 2610056
Acquisition based on this vacancy will not be appreciated / Acquisitie op basis van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.